A vanity number is a specific number that you choose, while a random number is assigned to you and can’t be reviewed in advance1. Twilio offers vanity numbers in the form of short codes, which are 5 or 6 digit numbers that can be used for high-volume messaging. To get a vanity short code from Twilio, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to the [Short Codes] section of the Twilio Console and click on the plus icon to create a new short code.
- Choose the country where you want to use your short code and select “Vanity” as the type of short code.
- Enter the 5 or 6 digit number that you want to use as your short code. You can check the availability of your desired number by clicking on the “Check Availability” button. If your number is available, you will see a green check mark next to it. If your number is not available, you will see a red cross mark next to it and you will need to choose another number.
- Fill out the rest of the required information, such as the service name, use case, industry, and message frequency. You will also need to provide a sample message that you plan to send using your short code and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click on the “Submit Request” button to submit your request for a vanity short code. Twilio will review your request and get back to you within 8-12 weeks with the status of your request. If your request is approved, you will be able to activate your short code and start using it for your messaging applications.
Please note that vanity short codes are more expensive than random short codes and have a longer approval process. The price of a vanity short code varies depending on the country and carrier, but it typically ranges from $500 to $1500 per month2. You will also need to pay for the messages that you send and receive using your short code, which are based on the current Twilio pricing3.
I hope this helps you understand how to get a vanity number from Twilio. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please visit the [Twilio Support] page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for choosing Twilio! 😊